Lutherhaven Family Champ Camp Weekend
August 7-9, 2020
Join us for a brand new weekend designed for families who have a child (or children) with developmental or physical needs.
Family Champ Camp Weekend is designed for families to spend a fun weekend together on the lake at camp! Lutherhaven will provide lodging, meals, and fun accessible camp programming. Families are in charge of supervising their own kids, but are welcome to bring an additional caregiver to help make the weekend happen.
Here are some details for the weekend:
- History of Champ Camp: Lutherhaven Ministries has over 25 years of Champ Camp experience providing programming for our campers with developmental and physical disabilities. Our NEW! Family Champ Camp is designed to open the door to camp for those campers for whom camp would not be possible without their own families or caregivers. It’s also designed with the intent to build Forever Family Memories with siblings, parents, grandparents and friends. We believe in shared experiences for everyone!
- Accessibility: Camp is on a hill! We do have brick paths between most of our primary cabins, dining hall, chapel, and meeting spaces. We have lots of extra hands and help to get our campers with mobility challenges to our ball field and the waterfront. It is also possible to drive to the waterfront. We do have a 4×4 ATV that can help shuttle campers and guests to certain camp spots. For programming we do our best to help campers access all of our camp programming, creatively providing modifications and access. Together we make camp happen!
- Housing: each family will be housed in their own cabin for the weekend. Cabins all have a private bathroom, bunk beds, and are located no more than 2 or 3 hundred yards from the Chapel, Dining Hall, and the main part of camp.
- Camper supervision: each family is responsible for caring for and supervising their own kids. Lutherhaven staff will be leading games, worships, campfire times, lifeguarding, hikes, and more fun camp activities targeted towards family fun for all!
- Program: the weekend includes all the camp classics. Swimming at the waterfront under the supervision of certified lifeguards, canoeing and paddle boarding, worshiping together as a camp community, putt putt, crafts, games, climbing tower and zip line, archery, and of course… s’mores around a campfire!
- As this is a new program, we would love input and ideas from our families! Please contact Rebecca Smith at email@example.com
Due to Covid19 some of our traditional camp activities may/may not be offered. Some camp activities might look a little different than they have traditionally during a Lutherhaven Ministry program.
Our staff leadership is working closely with our Health Care Team to develop our health and safety protocols for this summer, in line with guidance from the CDC and our regional health district. This will be updated on our website by June 30. Individuals and groups from counties with current high occurrences of Covid19 community spread may not be able to participate in Lutherhaven Ministries summer programs.
Activities include Creative Covid-19 Socially-Distanced Activities! New guidelines may impact how we do traditional camp activities!
- $110 per adult/teen (13+)
- $70 per youth (4-12)
- Children under 4 are free!
- 2 nights on Lake Coeur d’Alene
- 5 fabulous family meals & snacks
- Lutherhaven program!
About Retreat Costs:
- Register up to 7 days prior to an event.
- $50 non-refundable per person deposit required with registration.
- Friday Arrival: 1pm rolling arrival on Friday. Arrive whenever it works for your schedule on Friday after 1pm. There will be swimming, and activities during the afternoon. 5:30pm Dinner and All Camp Kick-Off!
- Departure Sunday: We wrap up after 10:30 Sunday Worship. 12:00 all guests should be moved out of cabins. The Waterfront is available all afternoon! Stay as long as you like!
More Questions? Contact our friendly registrar: